Ok so it’s Friday the end of our work week and we need that extra little boost to help propel us right into our weekend. Obviously our first choice is coffee and usually they are loaded us with sugars and other various elements to make then very calorie rich. While I myself am a huge fan of Starbucks lets not throw away January and our new goals just yet. This protein and vitamin rich smoothie recipe packs all of the caffeine punch you will need to power through your day while still eating clean.
What you will need:
- Brewed coffee 1 Cup (Brewed strong)
- Banana 1.5 Each (sliced)
- Greek yogurt 1 Cup
- Flaxseed 1 Tablespoon
- Honey 1.5 Tablespoons
- Chia seeds 1.5 Tablespoons
- Cinnamon 1 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg .5 Teaspoon
- Coriander .5 Teaspoon
- Ice 8 Cubes
- In a bowl mix together the spices, flax, chia, and yogurt and set aside for a few minutes. This allows the seeds to absorb some moisture and break down better in the blender.
- In blender add the ice, coffee and banana, pulse 2-3 time to get it started.
- Add in the yogurt mixture and blend until smooth.