Its Saturday morning your family is soon to wake. Why not start the weekend off right with the tradition of a group breakfast. Simple recipes like a frittata are a great way to involve your young ones, surprise your spouse, or even get your teen that always seems to be on the run to take a little time for whats important in life….FAMILY!
What you will need: (Yields 6 people)
- Eggs 8 Each
- Milk 10 oz
- Bacon 8 Slices (Small diced)
- Cherry tomatoes 12 Each (Sliced)
- Spanish onion 3/4 Cup (Small diced)
- Scallions 4 Stalks (Thin sliced)
- Parsley 1/4 Cup (Minced)
- Salt 1.5 Tablespoons
- Pepper 2 Teaspoons
- Cheddar cheese 1.5 Cups (Shredded)
- In a Sautè pan render the fat out of the bacon over medium high heat until it begins to crisp, pull out the bacon with a slotted spoon.
- Get the bacon fat hot again and add in the onion, and tomatoes.
- Sautè the veg on a high heat until they start to blister. Strain out the vegetables placing in a mixing bowl with the bacon.
- Whisk in the eggs, cream, scallions, and parsley.
- Fold in the cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Place into a greased pie pan and bake at 350º covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and bake until the mixture is totally solidified, and a knife will come out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
While we all live crazy lives in the era we are in right now we should still take time out of our weeks to connect with our loved one and friends. To me there is no better time the first thing in the morning on the weekends. Enjoy!